This is a subsidized variation of our gut microbiome test and specific eligibility criteria applies. The collection kit and Biomesight results on our web app is identical.
Please refer to our subsidised kit page for more information on the Long COVID study.
- Agreement to our standard privacy terms which allows Biomesight to use microbiome and health profile data for our own research purposes only
- BMI between 18.5 and 25
- Exercise at least 200 minutes a week
- Either refreshing or adequate sleep
- Bowel movement frequency - '3 or more times per day', 'After every meal', 'Twice daily', 'Once daily'
- Bristol type 3 or 4 https://www.hct.nhs.uk/media/1067/bristol-stool-chart.pdf
- No medications
- No symptoms
The Biomesight microbiome test provides a snapshot of the gut microbiome utilizing 16S rRNA sequencing technology. You will receive a count and relative abundance percentage of the bacteria in your microbiome, ranging from Phylum down to the species level. 16s DNA sequencing allows us to sequence a specific region (v4) of the 16s gene, and to match these sequences to our curated bacterial database. Using this method we are able to provide relative abundances of all bacterial organisms in your sample rather than targeting just a small subset of bacteria.
We provide an interpretation using Dr Jason Hawrelak's (Probiotic Advisor) recommended ranges for a subset of key bacteria (Probiotics, Commensals and Pathogens) along with our scoring system, diversity calculation and personalized recommendations for food, prebiotic supplements and lifestyle adjustments based on up-to-date research findings.
We provide full raw FASTQ data and CSV file downloads for those interested in analyzing their results elsewhere or working with a practitioner.
1 x collection tube with preservation liquid
1 x swab
1 x prepaid, addressed return mailer. UK postage paid.
Please refer to https://support.biomesight.com for FAQ relating to the test.